Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Rediscover the Falls’ staff, expansion, financial investments and execution of its mission. The successful candidate will bring the management and relational sophistication needed to support a nonprofit Board of Directors, work with governmental partners, manage successful fundraising campaigns and build collaborative, strategic partnerships. The ideal candidate will have strong experiences in developing and successfully executing fundraising campaigns that support public private partnerships.
Leadership & Management
- Build up a strong institutional structure to transition Rediscover the Falls from a start-up to a professional and efficient fundraising organization.
- Provide sound fiscal and administrative oversight to organization’s fiduciary responsibilities and financial investments.
- Oversee capacity building, including hiring of necessary campaign development and administrative staff.
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors and Campaign Cabinet.
- Oversee friend-building, grant and donor database, so as to measure success that can be effectively communicated to the Board, funders, and other constituents.
- Create and implement Rediscover the Falls policies as approved by the Board of Directors.
- Lead, manage and oversee Rediscover the Falls’ fundraising efforts and capital campaigns.
- Identify and forge relationships with corporations, individuals and foundations, to attract new funding and private investment for The Willamette Falls Riverwalk Project.
- Leverage the relationships and expertise of Board members for donor relations and fundraising endeavors.
- Prepare targeted proposals and solicitation requests to prospective donors and champions.
- In partnership with the Board of Directors, define, apply and administer a vigorous grant program.
- Serve as chief spokesperson and advocate for Rediscover The Falls and The Willamette Falls Riverwalk Project capital campaign.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications – from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand, in conjunction with but separate to the Willamette Falls Legacy Project.
Collaboration and Partnership
- Work with public partners and possibly with private developer to structure a fundraising and communications partnership that is robust and amicable.
- Work with other stakeholder groups, including tribal councils, heritage organizations, business organizations, environmental and recreational organizations, and neighborhood associations, to ensure that Rediscover the Falls supports the Willamette Falls Legacy Project’s desire to create a world-class attraction for residents and visitors alike.
The Executive Director will be committed to Rediscover the Falls’ mission and the success of The Willamette Falls Riverwalk Project. All candidates should have proven leadership, fundraising, and relationship management experience. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- Advanced degree, ideally in business, fundraising, or nonprofit management, with at least 10 years of senior management experience; track record of effectively leading and scaling a performance and outcomes based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth.
- Excellence in organizational and financial management with the ability to develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives and support a high performing nonprofit Board of Directors.
- Strong Oregon-centered network of donors, supporters, and friends. Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to strategic planning.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
- Experience with public private partnerships.
- Experience in running multi-tiered capital campaigns.
To be considered for this position, submit the following:
1) Current resume.
2) A letter of application that succinctly addresses the position profile and demonstrates how your experience and professional qualifications prepare you to serve the needs of Rediscover the Falls. Cite examples from background and experience to demonstrate knowledge and expertise.
3) An example of a major capital campaign that you helped design, lead and successfully complete.
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by February 5, 2018.
- Salary Range: $85,000 to $105,000 depending on experience
- Rediscover the Falls offers a competitive benefits plan including medical and retirement options.